[iyonix-support] Re: Javascript on Iyonix browsers

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:49:26 GMT

In message <5e754f424e.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope I am not off topic here - if so someone tell me where to post.
>
> I noticed that Oregano2 doesn't seem to have javascript yet checking
> the specs it says it does albeit with some problems. However looking
> at the prog is there anyway of telling if it is installed at all? Is
> it an add on that somehow hasn't happened for me or what?
>
> Peter

Hi Peter

Speaking of 'Iyonix browsers' (i.e. browsers capable of running on
Iyonix) with javascript support, you will find the RISCOS port of
Firefox to be much more capable than any of the Oreganos in this
regard. Beta4 and 5 run fine on my Iyonix and handle internet banking,
Ebay, Amazon, Airline booking forms etc etc.

George