[iyonix-support] Re: Increased instability of OvPro with RO 5.16?

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:57:27 +0000

On 29 Jan, Doug Webb wrote in message
    <23d457e150.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> The only times I have seen type 5's have been in conjunction with
> MessengerPro being loaded and closing down MessengerPro has sorted the
> issue this was with RISC OS 5.14 and below.
>
> I have 512Mb in my Iyonix and was think if this was one of the RISc OS
> memory issues/clashes that caused the problem.

Type 5 errors are fairly generic, and come from the C runtime system.  They
relate to reading or writing memory that doesn't exist, and are analogous to
"Segmentation faults" on other systems.

If you only see them from M-Pro, then your machine must lead a charmed life.

:-)

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/