[iyonix-support] Re: HD replacement

  • From: Julie <julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:50:55 +0000 (GMT)

On 25 Feb, Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry to ask such a basic/trivial question. But I'm trying to work out the
> easiest way to remove the HD from an Iyonix! Been years since I've done
> this so I have forgotten.

> Having removed the case I can see the screws that hold the HD in the
> cradle. But without more dis-assembly I can predict that one or two on the
> 'sheet of metal' side will tinkle down into the guts of the machine when
> removed or I try replacing them.

< snip >

> Slainte,

> Jim

It's much easier in a Panther. You remove both sides of the case and
immediately have access to all the screws holding the HDD in the cradle. You
may have to tie various cables out of the way to ease the task of sliding
the HDD out .

Julie

--
"We do not cease to play because we grow old. We grow old because we cease to
play." - GBS