[iyonix-support] Re: Corrupted display using RISCOS 5.12 and FX5200 card

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:57:17 +0100

In message <7631037d4e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2006 Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I upgraded to RISCOS5.12 but did not upgrade to a FX5200 card until
>> today. I now notice screen corruption if I try to use certain games
>> like StarFighter and !TwinWorld. The screen seems to have alternative
>> columns of unaligned graphics.
>>
>> After consulting with Chris Brazley and did a further test and found
>> that I can induce the same effect by selecting Mode13. If you grab the
>> screen in !Paint and then change back to the normal mode you can
>> restore the corruption. Also if you view the saved Mode13 screen shot
>> it appears Ok so it does point to something being amiss.
>
> Its something up with the horizontal pixel doubling that has to be done to
> display such a low horizontal resolution mode on a modern graphics card.
>
> Cheers
> ---Dave

Hi,

Well after some experiments I have got it to display ok in 320X256
mode 13. It appears that their is a difference with the new cards
ability to display things and by altering the monitor definition file
it now displays OK in Mode13. Starfighter now display OK and though I
had to alter Twinworld to use 320X480@75hz to work Ok as the automode
selection still causes a problem.

I have a HannG model supplied by Castle so I wonder if the they have
updated their MDF's to take into account FX5200 card differences?

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC 512Mb, RISC OS5.12, !NetFetch & !MessengerPro.
All based on superior UK technology