[iyonix-support] Re: Cooling for nVidia FX5200 card in Iyonix - Aria Cube

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:21:15 +0100

In article <4FD0B32F.5020902@xxxxxxxxxx>, John Ballance
<jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 'noisily fast' - spin fast, hence make lots of fan noise .. if run
> from a lower supply voltage then spin slower with consequently FAR
> less noise..  this noise has nothing to do with increased bearing
> noise over time.

Thanks for clarification - that's a relief - I'm prepared to put up
with slightly higher noise - I find it reassuring that the fan is
working and cooling the VGA card - these are becoming almost
irreplaceable - I believe the closest is an nVidia GeForce FX5500 but
correct me if I'm wrong this becomes a Select-on-test item best left
to a company like CJE Micros.

Richard