[iyonix-support] A CD player problem

  • From: A.Lefevre <lefev@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 21:36:40 +0100

To keep the story short, I tried to update to 5-22. I'd downloaded the
inf earlier in the year and stored the files on a USB stick, to be done some
time. So a week ago was the time, but I didn't go back to read all the
details, just went from memory, and things didn't work. I'd forgotten that
one shouldn't go from 5-18, and I hadn't carried out the 5-20 upgrade.
Another long story. So trying to right things I decided to get a new copy of
Messenger, arrived very promptly from R-comp and Sunday was the day for
"CD-Rom drive empty". Other text discs showed the same message, but a music
disc is OK. Strangely the PRM disc worked Saturday, (but didn't help with
the problem), but today it also gives the same answer.
Reporter reads Error : &00803406.

The Vista machine shows the information is on the discs, and any text can
be read.

I'll be very grateful for any pointers to get me out of this, the hole is
getting deeper!

Regards, Alec Lefevre