[iyonix-support] Re: 51,2. Was: Re: Pyjama effect

  • From: Peter Dalziel <peterdalziel1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:44:52 +0100

In message <4e6f056965steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01 Oct, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 1 Oct 2006  Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> [snip]
>
>> > The Panther is fitted with the latest graphics card and RISC OS 5.12
>
>> How did you get 5.12? Hush, they'll all be wanting one! :-)
>
> Bought a machine recently perhaps?
> If you recall JB made a comment about people buying machines recently would
> have noticed that they had been shipped with 5.12 and a different video
> card.

Hi,
     I bought my machine (X100) around the time of the so called
     'new video cards' but it has the older type card (as well as
     RISCOS 5.12) and does indeed suffer from the 'pyjama'
     effect.
Unfortunately, any measures I take to alleviate this problem, it
doesn't always work. The measures seem to indicate that it is a 'power
to initialise' graphics card problem ie. if the power button is held
down for a couple of seconds, all seems ok (occasionally).

--
Peter Dalziel