[isapros] Re: OT: The Most Powerful PC on the Planet!

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:21:31 -0700

Well, I'm about to dive in and see how well it goes.  Should be interesting
have "Server" as my client OS ;)  Too bad you can't upgrade from XP Pro to
Server... That would have made the testing a bit easier.

Anyone else have issues when doing multiple boots with multiple SATA/SATA2
drives?  No matter what drives/partitions I choose to install a new OS on a
different partition, the modified boot.ini always uses a signature() in the
boot path rather than the multi() syntax, and it never boots into the
install bits.  Manually changing the path to specifying the proper
drive/partition works to boot into the install, but I always get the dreaded
x7b stop error after that.  This is true regardless of the Win OS being
installed and probably due to bad mojo on the references to the sys drivers.

I actually have to disconnect all my other drives to get a "clean" install,
at which point I go and edit the boot.ini on my original C: to boot into the
OS.  That works fine, but doing it that way makes me feel like I'm sportin'
a shanker.

On 7/1/06 7:11 AM, "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all: