[isapros] FYI regarding "Disabling Logging Alert"

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:56:22 -0700

Don't worry- I'm not rehashing the whole "logging to SQL" thing-- just
giving a "heads up."

When disabling "lockdown mode" by unchecking the "Log failure" alert, one
should note that you should also disable the "Invalid ODBC log credentials"
alert that also stops the FW service as this alert is triggered not only by
"invalid credentials," but also by physically restarting the SQL server
(like when you have to patch it and the SQL 2005 SP1 fubars on you).

For ISA 2004 EE, the script also only references the
"log.DropConnectionOnLogError = False" FPCLogs reference, and not ODBC
credentials.  I haven't tried EE in this mode (where you kill the SQL server
itself) so I'm not sure if it is an issue.  My bet is that it is.

Vegas here I come!!!