RE: terminal service client

  • From: "John Haislet" <jhaislet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:48:11 -0500

I personally would not do this.  It really opens up a very large
security gap in the firewall and network for that matter having these
services accessible from the outside.  Terminal services were really
designed to be used inside the LAN, say from your office to the data
center.  I am not sure on the details of making it work, but it should
be pretty easy to find what port(s) it uses.  I also at a minimum would
recommend using VPN to access the server from the outside if thats what
you choose.

John in Texas