symantec AV and teh FWC

  • From: "Ted D" <tdoholis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:57:03 -0600

I have been trying to resolve some issues with AV and this is wwhat
Symantec has to say about it:
> I have recently upgraded my office from SAV CE 9 to 10. All servers
> and workstations have successfully been upgraded except for two of
> the workstations, running WinXP, service pack 2.
>
> No matter what install I try (using the client install tool from the
> System Center, CD install etc) the install just stops at the
> 'Installing LiveUpdate' section; no errors, no event log entries,
> just a stopped progress bar. I have run through manually removing
> files/registry entries, rebooted then reinstalled only to hit the
> same problem.
>
> I have disabled the Windows firewall, but we are also running ISA
> 2004.

I understand that you are not able to install Symantec AntiVirus 10 on
two workstations that are running ISA.

We have confirmed that the issue is with ISA preventing LiveUpdate
from being installed. You will need to either remove the ISA client
from the workstation Symantec AntiVirus 10 is being installed to, or
whitelist lucoms~1 with the ISA proxy to allow liveupdate access
through the proxy server.

Please let us know if we can provide more assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Todd D. Woodward
Symantec Technical Support

any ideas on how to accomplish what he mentions?

thanks