RE: routing with isa 2004

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:53:06 -0800

Hi Thomas,

Cool!  I read, and then try to understand all your articles! I find some
great information in them that helps me with my implementations and
labs.  (Still can't find your new book :().  A single ISA box is much
easier to understand, so I guess that's why I've always took the back to
back approach with ISA.  When connections don't' work properly, I've
noticed that the local host sometimes has to be added to access rules
even with NAT and Routes.  Is that something that is supposed to be
added?  I guess I'll have to write up what I'm talking about along with
the rules and log entries.

I've actually implemented your solution with the multiple NIC cards
And have 4 NIC cards in one of my back end ISA boxes.
EXT
INT
DMZ
PARM
I'm still a tad hazy on the correct routing/nating of those but it is
Getting more clear the more I read and setup, watch the logs, make
adjustments etc.

My next task with the above is actually getting OWA in my DMZ to work.
Will the articles out on ISA cover this in a back to back setup?
(EXTERNAL ISA)
        HONEYPOT DMZ
(INTERNAL ISA)

I like taking my time to learn this stuff.

Thanks for all the help!
Joseph