isa stuff

  • From: "Badri Khanal" <badri.khanal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:49:24 +0545

I am new to ISA so I am trying to understand it a bit more before I implement
it.

Scenario:

Windows 2000 domain
One ISA server installed in a member server (integrated mode)
Authentication: Integrated

One destination set has been created which I intend to use for blocking access
to certain sites.

There are two Access policy for the same group of users
        one allow policy and other deny policy.   Deny policy contains the
predefined destination set

I have also created a web page that I intend to be called whenever users try to
access blocked sites. For that I have put the URL under Action tab of ISA
management console.

Windows 2000 machine in the client side with firewall client installed

Probelm: whenever I try to access sites which are in the blocked list in order
to test whether ISA will redirect me to the web page that I created, the logon
window pops up (usename password and domain name) and I get nowhere.

Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

Badri Khanal
Systems Administrator
United Mission to Nepal
Post Box 126