isa failover?

  • From: jshanks@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:26:01 -0700

I have been reading a great deal on this list about clusters, nlb's and
arrays, but am not exactly sure what to do.  I have isa running on a win2k
stand alone server (in firewall/caching mode).  It is also providing nat
(via isa),dns and dhcp for the network.  I am using active directory but
not at the time the isa server was installed so it is not configured as an
array.  Failover/fault tolerancy/redundancy, whatever you want to call it,
is needed.  I first thought about getting another server and setting up an
array but someone told me that an array does not provide failover
capabilities.  What is the best set up so if an isa server goes down
another one will keep the network up?

Thanks,
Jim