isa and ADSL modem

  • From: "dumazet" <gdumazet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:21:18 -0600

hello

i tried this evening to use the tutorials and the one of alexandre :

How to Set up an ISA Server with a Cable Modem Connection- Alexandre C.
Alencar - July 25th 2001

unfortunately out of success

i run sbs2000 and my external and internal NIC have been configured
accodingly with the tutorial regarding this subject

i have an adsl modem and an IP adress from our ISP.

Until now i just installed RASPPOE on sbs and got internet for the clients
pointing to ISA (excepted on the server)

With the configuration of alexander my external NIC is such that there is
no autiipconfiguration but i always get 255.255.255.255 as adress for the
dhcp supplier.

what is may mistake ???

better may be to come back to RASppoe

Or french adsl may be diffrent from your us xdsl

thanks for your observations

gerard dumazet