RE: client behind ISA access to remote Exchange behind another ISA using MAPI

  • From: <rbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:57:29 -0500

nope,  just WinXP SP1.  I have Outlook 2000/2002 running and some are at
different SR/SP levels, but the only the thing in common on failures is
post SP1 installs. On the ones that I can uninstall SP1 I have to also
uninstall TCP/IP and reboot, then install TCP/IP and all is back to
normal.  If you do not do this you are very screwed.

The work around that seems to work is the editing of the Registry for
the GC, and then adding the Exchange server to the Host file on the
local machine.  Outlook then connects to the Exchange server.  The draw
back appears is that from the time of clicking the Outlook icon to
having access to Outlook is about 5 minutes.  VERY slow.  But after that
Outlook behaves like a normal install.

I has been two months of research and monitoring this group that got me
this far.  I thought that I was the only one having this trouble and
then different threads started that have over tones of my trouble
without being it directly.   Thanks to all that have posted.  I got more
from the list then from Microsoft on this one..., as is usual.

Rich