RE: browser hijacking

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:12:44 -0700

[isalist] Re: IP Phone AdviseHI all,
I actually did a couple of big AD, Exchange and Desktop migrations in
California last year.
What we did with policies is not allow for desktop software that needed
push/pull ports etc.
Such as, those automated desktop wallpapers, yahoo browser addin or any addin
for that matter
and definately no mp3's so, I wrote a couple of programs that did a quick scan
of the users HD
on boot up making sure that no MP3 players or such were loaded.

One owner of the company even went as far as saying good employee but no
internet connection
in the nt domain account description.  I guess that was left there so we did
not allow that access.
All, access was done via group policies.

Joseph