Yahoo messenger with "Use Proxy" settings not working

  • From: "ikm7176" <ikm7176@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:12:06 -0600

we had a new nokia IP 320 box with checkpoint NG with AI.

Our setup is:  LAN->Firewall->Router.
Our LAN consists of Exchange server and ISA server in caching only mode.
STATIC NAT is configured for ISA server and exchange server on the
checkpoint firewall. Rule configured in firewall for ISA server is to
allow http,https,dns,yahoo messenger service. User's can access the
internet through ISA server.no issues with internet access and e-mail
flow.

we want users to use yahoo messenger with "use proxy" settings with ISA
servername as the proxy server and port 8080. but it is  not working with
this settings.
if i connect my pc to access the firewall directly i can login to yahoo
messenger i.e with rule defined on checkpoint firewall like - my pc as
source, any as destination and yahoo messenger as service. i can login
with "no proxies" settings.  We dont want to use this settings.

We want all users to use our ISA server in cache only mode to be
configured as proxy in yahoo messenger. I think there is something missing
in the ISA server to forward the Request to Firewall.
NOTE: we have defined Allow protocol rule for any request on ISA server.

I Hope experts here can help me on this. what else needed to be configured
on. its urgent..

thanks