Windows media through ISA

  • From: "James Heaton" <jmshtn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:49:21 -0700

I am fairly new to ISA and currently have an Intranet which has several
local ISA arrays inlocal offices upstreamin to a data center array which
is connected to the main intranet servers IISv5. All ISA arrays are
installed in cache only mode as the main purpose is to reduce bandwidth
requirements. There has bee a suggestion that we may now nead to support
windows media files. Would I need to reinstall ISA in integrated mode to
enable the filtering or would a protocol rule work. Also would a media
server be required at each ISA array or just at the data center.

Any info gratefully received

Jim