Re: Windows 2000/ISA on same server, Passive FTP connection problems.

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:49:43 -0700

Well, it's a good thing that Windows and ISA reside on the same server; ISA
functions so much better that way...  :-)

You should also read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=294679
and this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=816459

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 02:32:48 -0600
 "Matthew Sturt" <msturt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

I am using Wondows 2000 and ISA on the same server. I am trying to set up
an ftp server on that machine. The problem is I cannot get passive
requests to work. I have followed the instructions in the article below
which explains the procedure (gone through it 3 times)
When I run the netstat -na command the server is listening on the external
IP address rather than the Internal one.
Is this causing the problem and if so how do I get port 21 listening on
the internal IP.
Thank you for any help.
Matt

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Publishing_an_FTP_Server_on_ISA_Server.html