RE: Win XP clients cannot reach remote Exchange 5.5 through ISA server 2000...

  • From: "Chris H" <ntpro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:32:37 -0700

you need to make sure you have DNS set up internally correctly. I have also
found that whatever DNS record you create exteranlly to reference the RPC
connection must match the NetBIOS name of the exchange server. For example,
if the NB name is xchmail1 and your external domain is acme.com then the dns
record should be xchmail.acme.com resolving to whatever the external ip is
you published this server to via ISA.

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador