W2k Server question

  • From: "John Lyon" <jlyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:41:15 -0600

Bare with me while I run off the ISA path and ask for input on a W2K
server question. I have 2 out of serveral that have a unique problem. When
they are restarted they hang (during the restart). They will get past
their post, ntloader and then just go black screen with cursor blinking in
upper left corner. Power off and back on and all is well on boot up. I
have exhausted (I think) Technet/Microsoft suggestions on how to isolate
it. Even if I boot one up in safe mode (no networking or anything) and
restart it, it does same thing. Only event written to log is the ole
standard ...system terminated unexpectedly......

Just wanted to know if anyone out there had seen the same thing. I know
it's an ISA site, but the sign up did mention to at least keep it limited
to W2k. Hope no one minds the question.

Any input welcome.

John Lyon
http://www.accuwired.com