RE: VPN error: "the interface is disconnected"

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:43:03 -0600

Hi Alfonso,

I haven't heard of that exact problem before, but you might want to look
at L2TP/IPSec. I understand the connections are more stable. Maybe so,
but I always use L2TP/IPSec in production because there's always a MS
Certificate Server available since you can run it on ISA Server. BTW, I
remove the certificate server after assigning the certificates, if the
cert sever is on the ISA Server, for security reasons.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder