RE: VPN Client cannot RDP to server on LAN

  • From: "DJG" <intellihome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:20:10 -0800

I had to rebuild my ISA machine in house because the old machine was put
together with spare parts. It would crash when I tried to load W2k3 SP1. But
I could VPN in and access any machine via RDP with the machine name (NetBios
= mycomputer). I built a new ISA on W2k3 with all updates and then created
all rules that were on the old one. I did this with both running side by
side to get the order and rules identical. Although I can VPN in and RDP to
my desktop, I have to use its FQDN (mycomputer.mydomain.local) to access it.
I did use the VPN wizard thingy to configure access on both ISA's.

Haven't had a chance to look into this and haven't seen anything like this
posted. Hope this sheds some light on the subject.

Dan