User management and Authentication

  • From: "Shadi Varjavand" <svarjavand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 03:01:14 -0700

  We use ISA standard edition in integrated mode and our PDC is a windows
NT 4.0 , It needs authenticaion for outgoing web requests and everything
seems to work properly except one:
Assume this senario:
  we have a NT group named Morning_grp and there is a user John who is
member of Morning_grp. In ISA, members of this group have Internet access
only in morning. Theres is another group named Afternoon_grp for those who
have Internet access only in afternoon.
  When I remove John from Morning_grp and add it to the Afternoon_grp, it
takes for changes almost half an hour to take place. It means if it is
morning, John still has the permission to use web.
  I wanted to know if it is a problem here or it is not a problem at all
and this half an hour is natural.

(I should say that if the web proxy service is restarted the changes will
be applied immediately.)

Thanks,
    shadi