Two External Networks: Workaround?

  • From: "Stefan" <press@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:45:47 -0700

Good morning list:

It has been on this list, that two external interfaces are not going to
work with ISA.

However, in our special case, do you think the following workaround is

We have one internal network (, one external dialup-DSL with
dynamic IP. So far so good. Since we need to receive our mail from
external, we have another router to a low-speed Connection (,
that routes to the external provider.

Can we either:

1) declare the 192.168.67... network external, but provide a static route
to the IP of our external mail-router (this is a fixed IP) ?

2) declare the 192.168.67... network internal and do port-forwarding (to
ISA or directly to the mailserver) on the router?

Thanks for any feedback...