[isalist] TMG and the Network Location Awareness service

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 00:16:07 +0200

Hi,

We have a number of TMG boxes running on Windows 2008 R2. On some of them
the networks detected by the NLA service are correct and therefore the
expected Windows Firewall profile is "applied" to the interfaces. However,
for others the networks detected by the NLA services doesn't match at all
the real configuration. Nevertheless TMG seems to work correctly.

Is it important for a TMG that the NLA service detects correctly the
different network profiles or is what the NLA service detects irrelevant for
the good working of the TMG? Please advice.

Best Regards,
Stefaan