Surfcontrol 5.0 for ISA Server

  • From: "Roy Tsao" <roy_tsao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:19:50 -0700

Hi,

I need a help from anyone who has used Surfcontrol (SC) 5.0 under ISA
server or any professionals including hornoable Mr. Shinder.

My ISA server works fine under two NIC one for interal, one for external.
As per the recommendation from ISAServer.org, I tried for SC5.0 for
purpose of realtime internet traffic monitoring one month ago. Then I
entered into nearly one painful month for the troubleshooting.

The problem is that SC did monitor traffic within Winproxy, but
categorization for every internet site is set to "NONE" (= no category).
I suppose this is kind of SQL database trouble or OS trouble or ISA
version trouble, so I test every combination with SC like
  Win2003 + MSDE + ISA2000 + SC5.0
  or
  Win2003 + SQL + ISA2000 + SC5.0
  or
  Win2003 + MSDE + ISA2004 + SC5.0

I got the one answer SC5.0's catetory for every internet traffic is
"NONE", I really got into mud.

On the other hand, just for testing, I could saw a good categorization
when installed SC 5.0 for Windows I/O ISA under Winxp Platform.

Could anyone try to install SC5.0 under Win2003 + ISA 2004 with 2 NICs
environment, and let me know if you are facing the same problem?

The knowledge base at Surfcontrol webiste has been checked by me from top
to down but no answer for my problem.

I really wondering if SC 5.0 past compatibility test before releasing?

Anyway, I will appreciate any answer from all of you!