Strange inconsolable Denied entry

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:46:52 +0100

Hi Chaps,

I have a few odd log entries I hope you can perhaps shed some light on.

System: Windows 2003 Server, ISA 2004 Beta 2.

Log Entry:

Log Time
Client IP
Destination Host IP
URL
Action
Client Username
Destination Port
Object Source
Protocol
Rule
Source Network
Destination Network
HTTP Method
Client Agent
Authenticated Client
Service
5/24/2004 3:36:56 PM
<ISA IP>
<external IP>
-
Denied Connection

80

HTTP

Local Host
External
-

From what I gather the ISA server attempts to connect to the external
IP, but the connection is denied. What is odd is that there is no URL
specified. Normal requests do manage to get through though. They only
difference I can see is that they specify a URL. Since these errors have
started occurring, we've been getting a lot of "10060 - Connection
timeout" errors for sites that we know are live.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jason