Stangers on my network... and other scary tales.

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:54:45 -0700

It was a dark and stormy night when the CIO came to me and said, "We
need VPN accounts for the engineers in India working on the new Oracle
implementation."

We are on 2003 Server and ISA 2004.  Is there a way to allow these
engineers through into our ISA VPN and only allow them to have access to
certain segments of our network?  I am thinking maybe I can static
assign those logons an IP that is on a separate subnet or something?
Any suggestions welcome.  They have to have access to our Sun Solaris
servers.

Ray Dzek
Network Operations Supervisor
Specialized Bicycles