Spooky filter problem!

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:19:27 -0300

Hey folks,

I'm running a Counter-Strike Server on my ISA machine. I allowed Access to all
the ports required by the service, inbound and outbound. And i set the Server
to run on port 27016 UDP. However, my external users can only Access my Server
on port 60684 (the game Server annouces itself to some online game-searching
utilities). This port doesn't change each time i restart the service.

What is freakin' me out is that i didn't enable Access to this port! I doný
have any rule which allows Access to UDP port 60684 on my external interface.
However, if I, from the Internal Network here, Access the game Server at port
27016 as it should, it Works!

What is going on? Any ideas?

Tiago de Aviz
tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx