Several networks segments behind a NIC

  • From: Wilmar Perez <ewdpb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 04:03:03 +0100 (BST)

Hello everybody.

This is my first post to  the list, so I'll try to make it as clear as possible.

I've got a ISA Server 2004 running on a W2003 Server box with 2 NICs.  As you
may guess one is looking to the Internet whilst the other faces my LAN.  The
thing is that I've got the following network segments in my LAN:

192.168.98.0/24 this one is in VLAN 1
172.30.200.2/22 this one is in VLAN 2

The ISA Internal NIC has got the IP 192.168.98.2/24.  Both VLANs are routed by
my core switch without any problem.

The problem is that clients connected to the 192 network can surf the Internet
without any problem at all but those connected to the 172 network are
completely banned to the Internet.  Both networks are defined as Local Trusted
Networks in the ISA.

I have strugled for 3 weeks now with this problem without much success.  I'd
highly appreciate any help you guys may be willing to give me.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Wilmar.