Securing networks internally using ISA Server

  • From: "TheWomble" <gary.varnam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 02:07:25 -0600

I would like to views of the list regarding this setup.

We are installing broadband links into our network from employees houses
to enable home working, all addressing used is private based on the
10.0.0.0 network. I want these PCs to use the internal DNS but only access
a selection of hosts based on source ip address, each station will be
given an static ip by dhcp using mac addresses. The services range from
exchange (including calendars etc), some using custom ports like 1351 1356
and plain telnet (23).

The homeworkers network would be classed as "internal" by the isa server
and rest of the "internal" network will by classed as external for LAT.
This senario would be quite easy using fw1 but I been told to use
microsofts ISA server.

The client will be using SNAT not FWCLIENT.

Comments please.