RE: SSL problem with OWA

  • From: "Dan Bartley" <bartleyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:35:20 -0400

Thank you very much. It now works and I can benefit from the new cookie
authentication features. I had to use the hosts file for DNS as I do not
have another server available for split DNS.

Just as a note for other people who are less than expert, like myself.
When I created the web site certificate on the OWA server, I had to
change the CN name. It wanted to use just the local machine name as
opposed to the whole FQDN, that will not work. I added the domain to it,
finished the request, exported, imported on ISA and voila! However when
accessed internally with the external DNS name, it still complains that
the certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.
However now, when I click Yes continue anyway, it all works.

When accessed from external it also complains that the certificate
authority can not be verified as trusted. Still works when clicking Yes
to continue anyway. I could have sworn there was somewhere in that
dialog to say trust this certificate authority, but I'll be darned if I
can find it.

Best Regards,

Dan Bartley

  _____