RE: [SPAM-HC] - ISA 2004 and antivirus - Email found in subject

  • From: "Joseph Danielsen" <JDanielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:31:08 -0500

Tim:

I use SAV client (10/11) on my ISA 2000/2004 boxes. I configure it as
Unmanaged with a custom installation.

The custom portion is to NOT install the Domino, Outlook or Exchange
modules; as I once made the mistake of installing those modules and had
them turned on. The SAV client began action as a gateway AV solution and
scanned every email Inbound/Outbound to/from my Exchange server. It
slowed things down quit a bit.

It was mentioned to me on the SBS list that others configured it this
was too, and was believed to be acceptable. Getting the Auto LiveUpdate
to work sometimes presented issues - but resolvable.

If you run into a problem with LU working from the ISA box - let me
know, I can share my notes with you.

Joseph F. Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP
Network Blade Inc.
49 Marcy Street
Somerset, NJ 08873
(732) 213-0600