Re: SMTP filter wont work!!

  • From: "KJ Demott" <prjit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:54:07 -0800

When you say "configured SMTP Virtual Server" do you mean you enabled the filter there? This is the step that is often missed. It must be enabled to work.

K Demott

From: "Rob" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] SMTP filter wont work!!
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 05:47:26 -0700

http://www.ISAserver.org

Again another posting about the SMTP filter. It still doesn't work! Completely configured according to the article written bij Thomas Shinder. So installed the SMTP service on a server in my network, installed the message screener. rebooted the smtp server. Configured the smtp virtual server *.mokkinksystems.com I used the tool SMTPCred.exe tool and dcomcnfg.exe Republished the SMTP service on isa rebooted both the isa and smtp server. Configured the SMTP connector. So everything should work just fine, welll forget it! So what did i do wrong, or is it a problem of isaserver that the product is not suitable to do this????

Greeting Rob