SMTP Listening Port

  • From: "Clinton James" <jamesey00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:22:27 -0700

Hi everyone,

Recvently I configured ISA server to pass through mail on an SMTP port
number, through a Router/Firewall to an Exchange 2000 server inside my
network.  At this stage I use a Modem to go to my ISP, I don't have many
users online during the day so for now the Modem is fine.  However
whenever my modem looses its connection, my mail port goes to sleep and
the only way I can wake it up is to dleted the SMTP mail wizrd rule and
re-configure it.  As you could imagine this gets really anoying after a
while.  Is this a rpoblem with my router/firewall configuration, or does
ISA server has a problem.  Please hlep me.

Cheers,

Jamesey