RE: Required Permissions

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:38:45 -0500

Have the same problem here and ended up just installing 2 standalone
servers...  You have to be a domain admin to install.  You can get someone
to do it for you and the theory is that you can get the permissions assigned
to you so that you will be able to do what you need.  Meanwhile, back in the
real world...

Sorry, that sounds a bit pessimistic.  Depending on how granular you and/or
the powers that be want to get with the permissions for ISA, you'll have to
do differnet things.  You could get permissions at the enterprise level
which is the easiest.  If not, it's pretty much assigning your account/group
the necessary permissions at the necessary level: within the enterprise,
within the array, etc.  How political is your organization? :)

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx