Re: Rename hostname of ISA system

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:59:56 -0700

Q1 - have you configured any reporting yet?
Q2 - if Q1 = yes, have you generated any summary files or reports?

Since you're in an NT4 domain, we don't have to woryy about your AD data.
You'll need to change some registry data:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fpc\Arrays\{CurrentArrayGUID}
msfpcName = "ServerName"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fpc\Arrays\{CurrentArrayGUID}\Servers\{CurrentServerGUID}
msfpcName = "ServerName"
msfpcFQDN = "ServerName.Domain.Tld"

..change "ServerName" to match the new server name
..if "msfpcFQDN" is blank, leave ti that way; otherwise, change it to agree
with your current server name and domain suffix.
..restart the ISA services and refresh the MMC if you had it open.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Mon, 31 May 2004 00:23:55 -0600
 "Ibrahim Kamber" <ibrahim.kamber@xxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Needed some advice and have not been able to find answers on Technet. I've
just installed ISA 2000 (plus patches) on Windows Server 2003. I now need
to change the hostname of the system. This system is a stand-alone server
in an existing NT4 (I know, don't bother) domain. I'm picking up the
support from an existing employee and saw that I am unable to administer
the array within ISA Management because of a system name change. I have
checked fixes for a system in an AD environment, however, cannot find
answers when this condition exists in an NT4 domain.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance.