Questions about the enterprise version.

  • From: "Han Valk" <Han.Valk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:52:56 +0100

Hi list,

I'm doing a project with the enterprise version. Have to build a forward
proxy array and a reverse proxy array for 10000 users. The forward array
consists of domain memebers and the reverse of workgroup members. The
customer wants logs to go to a SQL 2000 cluster. I first installed all arrays
with advanced logging. My thought was that once I configured SQL logging I
could uninstall the MSDE. That does work but only on the domain members. The
wokgroup members won't allow me to uninstall the advanced logging feature.
The procedure I followed was through Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs
-> Change/Remove ISA -> deselect the advanced logging feature. When I do this
I get an 'installation failed' error.
Is this a known problem?
Second question: why am I unable to disable web add-ins either on the
enterprise level nor on the array level?

Regards,
Han Valk.