Re: Publishing SMTP servers on the internal network.

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 02:06:03 -0800

http://www.ISAserver.org

If the server is in the DMZ, using a public IP address with a subset of the
assigned block of Public IP addresses you have from your ISP, that server in
the DMZ will be seen with its assigned IP address.

Servers on the LAN or on a private IP based DMZ will be seen with the
default public IP address of ISA.

The absolute best resource is Dr. Tom's book, ISA server and Beyond. There
is a lot of information in there about DMZ zones.

For now, I am going to sleep. 19 hours is enough.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You