RE: Publishing SMTP Mail Server in ISA Backend DMZ to ADSL Router

  • From: "Surago Jones" <surago@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 03:21:30 +1200

Hi John,

Firstly, Thanks for the input. :)

Secondly, just to confirm something, if i configure the router to full bridge
mode, will this basically make it act as a dumb/transparent network device that
wouldn't have an IP as such, and allow the static external IP to be passed to
the ISA Server's external interface.

If this is the case, i take it that i would be unable to have any other
machines connected to the router (It has an inbuilt 4 port hub.) as we only
have 1 static IP address.

At this stage, this may not be a problem, but in the future i guess a private
ip dmz setup would be beneficial, in which case i guess i would have to
configure NAT/NAPT differently.

Cheers

Surago Jones