Proxy

  • From: "Bruno" <bnl-panelas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:13:41 -0700

Hi,
I've just formatted a computer that was windows 2k but now it's Win 98 Se.
I'd configured everything, DNS, GATEWAY, etc. Internet connection is ok
though a linux proxy, intranet connection is ok also. All 2k computers
works ok. At this computer Internet explorer works like never but Outlook
Express 6 doesn't receive anything through the proxy. It's says
"Connecting" and then "Timed out".
I can't ping nothing outside my intranet. Example: I can't ping sites as
www.microsoft.com, www.aol.com (it says "Host Unknow"). I can ping
everything inside my intranet (Example: servers, workstations). Explorer
works but the other programs doesn't works. What can be happening?

Sincerily,
Bruno.