Promoting Standalone ISA to array

  • From: "Rogers, Brian" <RogersB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:37:20 -0400

Ok...someone clear this up for me :)

I get completely mixed up when choosing the "use array policy" or "Use
enterprise policy" section.

Basically we have two separate standalone ISA servers in two separate
subnets (two different cities actually) that act as redundant connections to
the internet (can change dns to point everyone to the other server if one
goes down).

The plan is to have Dual ISA servers at each location....installed as
separate arrays.

What I would like is to be able to setup NLB on both systems In each
site...so we have an additional level of fault tolerance at each site.  Id
like to configure each in an array so that I only have to administer them as
ONE entity.  Meaning if I create a rule for one...I want it to apply to both
(but not the systems in the remote site).

What exactly are my limitations when choosing "Use array policy" vs "Use
Enterprise Policy"