RE: Problem site

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:52:24 -0700

> i have a problem with my isa server. in the isa server i give a name for
> local dns is acrs.com, but if i ping to local name (like example amos) the
> pinging is amos.acrs.com (64.94.110.11), and i try to find out what IP is
> with nslookup and i found that 64.94.110.11 is
sitefinder-idn.verisign.com.

> it makes problem because i use local naming for application, for example
> when i runing application in amos (local IP), it failed because in my isa
> server it give amos in 64.94.110.11 ....

LOL

You have stumbled on VeriSign's new service enhancement.

http://www.crn.com/Sections/BreakingNews/breakingnews.asp?ArticleID=44533

All non-registered .com and .net domains now point to that IP address.

One more way VeriSign is trying to act like God.

What this means is you are tying to use a non-registered domain name, and in
doing so it is causing errors. This also means your DNS configuration in
your domain is not correct.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You