Possible Intrusion?

  • From: "Kevin Bryce" <kb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:10:27 -0000

Hi,

I am new to ISA as our company only had the system installed a few
months ago.  Everything seemed to be okay, but we have started getting
the following alert, on a fairly regular basis.

"ISA Server detected an Internet Protocol (IP) half-scan attack from IP
address 64.xx.x.xxx".

Does this mean our system has been compromised?

I have scanned for viruses, but found none.  I have checked and double
checked the packet filters and they also seem fine.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

http://www.star.net.uk