Port 25 - bound or pass through?

  • From: Ben Schorr <bms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:18:18 -1000

I have an ISA server (SP1) with an Exchange server behind it.  I used the
Web Server Publishing to Publish the SMTP Service for the Exchange server
and I suspect that's the root of my problem -- trying to install MailSweeper
for SMTP and it wants to bind to port 25.

Should I assume that "publishing" the port 25 like this binds the port?

Any suggestion for how I might make port 25 available to a service on this
local ISA machine; would I just "publish" it to the local IP address,
perhaps?

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3
Director of Information Services