RE: Outbound FTP Question

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:51:33 -0500

Hi Paul,

What FTP sites aren't working for you?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

________________________________

        From: Paul Crisp [mailto:PCrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:41 AM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] RE: Outbound FTP Question

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        Ok some more info.

        I have checked the FTP filter and the read-only is not tagged

        I have run ethereal on the external interfaces of the working
and non-working ISA servers and performed the same FTP command from the
same workstation going to both firewalls.

        The working firewall displays everything that you would expect
it to display when it's working

        The non-working firewall displays nothing, that's correct it
doesn't see any traffic on the external interface at all.

        I reran ethereal on the internal interface on the non-working
firewall this time and all it showed me was 5 communications to port
1745. If I disable the firewall client and run a test again I see 3
lines detecting FTP traffic.

        Every time on the non-working firewall FTP receives a time out
request.

        Please help, I'm going nuts here !!!

        Paul Crisp
        Snr Network Support Analyst