RE: Offtopic, but someone might know

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:34:09 +0100

You can of course start a big debate about wether a plural of a
latin-derived word needs to follow latin grammar or the grammar of the
langauge it has been adopted to. Phobias could well be phobiae, and
shurely plurals would be pluria...

Anyway, there's a nice document about why virii are viruses:

http://www.perl.com/language/misc/virus.html

Mark

I personally am a fan of the 4th declination theory :)