Off Topic -- Multicasting

  • From: "Chris H" <ntpro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA Server List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:47:40 -0500

Does anyone know of a good way to filter out multicast traffic that seems to
be drowning 2 of my terminal servers? 224.0.0.0 has been added to their
route tables and cannot be deleted. An they seem to continue to get hit by
224.0.1.22 and 224.0.1.35 which resolves to svrloc.mcast.net which from what
I have found is a Microsoft multicast group advertisement? But I cannot pin
down the source and for some reason it is only hitting my 2 terminal servers
out of 70 servers on the same subnet. I cannot seem to find anywhere on
networking properties to configure or enable/disable multicasting group
memberships . . .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris